Friday, January 13, 2017

Plastic Critters

Coin machines are huge here in Japan. You can find them everywhere, especially in malls and arcades. They can be stacked as much as 4 or 5 high and take up an entire wall. They have the coolest little things in them. Neat and weird little toys and figurines. Key chains and nicknacks. There are several that I want, and I finally caved and got a couple. When I say weird, I mean they have things like super realistic sushi and insects, cats inside sushi, various anime figurines that are designed to hang from your computer monitor, toys that appear to pass gas or poop, extinct animals.... you name it, you can get it from these coin machines. It's so much fun to browse them and just see all the wild things you could get. The two machines I hit up had hamsters inside food and pets drinking alcohol. I was really wanting a hamster in a cup of coffee and a dog drinking beer, but instead I got a hamster in a tub of popcorn and a cat drinking wine! But they are awesome and I love them! I want to start collecting these adorable little figurines. Not sure what I'll do with them.... maybe get a shadow box to display them, but I just love them!!


No comments:

Post a Comment