Sunday, May 28, 2017

More Mochi

Ever since we first learned about them, I've been fascinated by the traditional Japanese sweets that are wrapped in leaves. You just don't get this kind of stuff back home! I've had the sakuramochi (as seen here) which is wrapped in a cherry blossom leaf.  I recently tried kashiwa mochi, which is regular mochi filled with red bean paste, and wrapped in an oak leaf. There is debate as to whether you should eat the oak leaf. Some say it's bad for you and can make you sick, others say it's fine, some say it's for decoration only. I've seen people eat it, so I tried it too. It's not very tasty, and I honestly think that's why some people say not to eat it - it just simply doesn't taste good! But I didn't get sick in any way. A cool experience though!




No comments:

Post a Comment